Brushing and flossing habits stay with you from when you’re a child to blossoming into an adult. Sometimes it’s hard to break the bad ones but crucial to remember the good ones. Nobody wants a mouth full of cavities!
1. Keep your brushing and flossing routine. Its best to brush and floss after every meal of the day but if you are unable to do that make sure you do it at least twice a day. It takes plague 24 hours to set in your teeth! If you have children make sure to get them going on these good habits when they’re young!
2. Avoid eating junk food with tons of sugar in it. Even if you brush your teeth twice a day, its best to stay away from foods with a lot of sugar in it or dark sodas and juices which will stain your teeth. These stains are hard to reverse after there are signs of them!
3. Using a straw can help you. You can minimize your teeth staining and keep cavity control when you use a straw for drinks. Whether its wine, apple juice, or soda it can be used as a sort of protection against your teeth. Straws also come in handy if you have more sensitive teeth but still like cold carbonated drinks. Its best to stay away as much as you can, but if you must, use a straw!
4. Dental sealants are on your side. Dentists use these as a protective coating around your tooth and an excellent way to prevent cavities. The point of this is to seal off your tooth so the plague and bacteria can’t get into little spots and grooves which could result in tooth decay and major cavities. In the end, this makes it easier to brush and floss when present.
5. Find the right toothbrush and toothpaste for you. There are highly recommended toothbrushes that make it easier for your daily routine. The sonic toothbrushes vibrate in a circular motion which stimulates fluids in spots you cant reach. If you have more sensitive teeth there are other options for you tooth, with toothpastes that you’ll love. A brand I like to use is Sensodyne. The more you brush your sensitive teeth with this the easier it is to drink colder drinks and so on.
The best part about these tips is that it’s all things within your reach. Look around and find a good toothbrush that works best for you with matching toothpaste that you equally love. Keep on your good routines and make sure you’re doing everything you can to take care of your teeth. You’ll have them forever, hopefully!