Have you ever thought about how all the celebrities have perfect teeth and attractive smiles? It’s not possible that all of them were born with a perfect set of teeth. But whenever we see them on the TV, we are impressed by their smile and facial esthetics. What if you could also enjoy a Hollywood smile? Yes, that’s possible, thanks to the veneers.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are very thin shells made of resins or porcelain, which are attached to the front surface of the teeth for restoring their structure, aesthetics, and function. Unlike the composite fillings, which are placed directly by your dentist at the chairside, the veneers are prepared in the laboratory and then attached to the prepared teeth with adhesive cement.
Who can Benefit from Veneers?
You are a candidate for getting veneers if you have some or all of the following dental problems:
• Permanent Teeth Stains – some teeth stains do not go away even after professional teeth whitening treatment. In these cases, the only option is to cosmetically restore the tooth to hide these stains. Dental veneers are an excellent option when it comes to masking teeth stains and restoring the smile and facial esthetics.
• Fractured or Chipped Teeth – veneers are useful in restoring the structure and aesthetics of teeth which have been damaged as a result of trauma or teeth cavities.
• Excessive Teeth Gaps – the ideal treatment for closing excessive gaps between adjacent teeth is to perform orthodontic treatment. However, for individuals who cannot get braces or Invisalign aligners because of financial constraints, their teeth gap can be cosmetically restored by using veneers.
• Need for a Smile Makeover – if you are not satisfied with your smile, then you can enjoy the smile of your dreams with veneers. Porcelain veneers are also used by dentists for giving a Hollywood smile to their patients.
What is the Procedure for Getting Veneers?
The procedure for getting veneers is very simple and is usually requires three appointments. Here are the steps involved in getting veneers:
• Consultation – before starting the procedure, your dentist will first perform a detailed examination of your teeth to ascertain whether you are a suitable candidate for getting veneers. A detailed treatment plan will also be prepared to ensure that you enjoy the best esthetic outcome from your veneers.
• Tooth Preparation – during the next appointment, your dentist will prepare the recipient teeth by removing a very thin layer of the enamel to make space for attaching the veneers. Don’t worry, your teeth won’t become sensitive after this. Generally, there is no need for anesthesia during this procedure. However, if your dentist feels that you may have pain or sensitivity, he or she will perform the procedure under the effect of local anesthesia.
• Impression Making – after tooth preparation, your dentist will make impressions of your teeth, and send them to the dental laboratory. These impressions will be used for fabricating your veneers.
• Attaching the Veneers – during the final appointment, your dentist will try your veneers on the prepared teeth without permanent cementation. Once you and your dentist are happy with the fit and esthetics, the veneers will be bonded with the teeth by using adhesive cement.
That’s it! You are now a proud owner of your dream smile!
What are the Benefits of Veneers?
Dental veneers offer several benefits over conventional bonding with composite resins:
• Durability – veneers are prepared in the dental laboratory under controlled conditions. Therefore, they contain less structural and esthetic defects in comparison to the composite fillings. As a result, they tend to last much longer than bonded fillings.
• Esthetics – due to the presence of minimal surface defects and porosities, veneers tend to have better aesthetics than the composite fillings.
• Stain Resistance – porcelain veneers are better able to resist staining and discoloration, in comparison to the composite fillings. As a result, they maintain their esthetics for a longer duration.
• Functionality – in addition to their lifelike appearance and esthetics, dental veneers, especially those made from porcelain are quite strong and durable. Therefore, they are also used for restoring damaged, crooked or fractured teeth.
• Improved Confidence – when you have a charming and attractive smile with veneers, you will naturally start to feel good about yourself. This will not only improve your self-esteem but will also make it easier for you to make new friends.
• Smile Makeover – with veneers, you can become a proud owner of your dream smile. Thanks to modern cosmetic dentistry and veneers, anyone can now enjoy a Hollywood smile, just like their favorite celebrities.
The smile of your dreams is just a few steps away from you. So, what are you waiting for? Visit us your dentist today and start impression your friends and loved ones with your brand new smile.