Many patients ask the question: What is the best method for straightening teeth? Invisalign® braces or traditional braces?
Invisalign® braces and traditional metal braces are both effective ways to straighten teeth, but there is a lot to consider when choosing your orthodontic treatment.
Advantages of Traditional Braces
- Permanent | Most patients love the removable feature of Invisalign® braces, but some prefer the permanence of traditional braces. It is impossible to misplace orthodontics when they are stuck to your teeth.
- A Fix for Everything | Invisalign® braces can perform all of the normal tasks when it comes to straightening teeth: correcting underbite, overbite, crooked teeth, etc. However, if there is a seriously complicated issue, traditional braces might be a better fit for you.
- Potential Price Difference | In some cases, metal braces are less expensive than Invisalign® braces. However, the price depends on how long the metal braces are worn as well as other variables.
Advantages of Invisalign® Braces
- Removable | With Invisalign®, you can remove your orthodontics at your discretion as you straighten your teeth. You can eat the foods that are off-limits with traditional braces, wear a sports mouth guard, and brush and floss with ease.
- Invisible | In the debate between these options, the clear winner of the aesthetic category is Invisalign® clear braces. Invisalign® braces are sleek and subtle, so people only have to know you are wearing orthodontics if you tell them.
- Smooth | Invisalign® braces will never poke at or irritate the inside of your mouth. You will not need to carry wax around with you. Patients hardly notice they are wearing braces.
- Simple Maintenance | With traditional braces, you will need to adjust to flossing and brushing under wires and through brackets. Invisalign® aligners can be removed while you brush and floss normally, and you can easily clean your aligners in cleaning solution or with your toothbrush.
To learn more about your orthodontic treatment options, set up an appointment with us at Arden Dental Care. Call us today.